Bucyrus Middle School music department is excited to announce the date
and musical selections for its spring concert. The event will begin at
7:00 p.m. in the Bucyrus High School Little Theatre April 23. The 6th
Grade band will perform first, followed by the 7th and 8th Grade Band
with a special guest appearance by the 7th and 8th Grade Choir.
Musical selections for the evening include:
6th Grade Band
- "Dance Celebration" by Robert W. Smith
- "Ngiele, Ngiele" arranged by Ralph Navarre
- "Battle of the Samurai" by Timothy Loest
- "Crown Point March" by Bruce Pearson
7th and 8th Grade Band
- "Philadelphia City Cavalry March", Music of Camp Dunbar (circa. 1770), arranged by Greg Shifley
- "The Tenth Planet" by Michael Story
- "The Sword of Kings" by Robert W. Smith
- "Voodoo Dance" by Elliot Del Borgo
- "O Fortuna" from the Camina Burana (1937) by Carl Orff (1895 – 1982), arranged by Greg Shifley/ Nickie French – featuring the Bucyrus Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Choir
Both groups are under the direction of Mr. Greg Shifley, Bucyrus
Middle School Band Director, and the choir is under the direction of
Mrs. Nickie French, Director of Choirs. "These students have worked hard
this school year to prepare for their performance," Shifley said. "They
are excited to perform, and we hope the community will come out and
enjoy the fruits of our labor."
For more information about the concert, please contact Greg Shifley at 419-562-0003 or email email@example.com.