The Media Communications and Marketing classes from the Bucyrus Secondary School competed in the District #3 DECA Conference on Wednesday, February 4 at Ohio Northern University. 24 Bucyrus DECA members were awarded with top five finishes, with 22 students qualifying for the State DECA Conference on March 13-14 in Columbus.
Results were as follows:
- Haley Fetters (1st place) - Quick Serve Restaurant Management Series
- Jaret Pollock (1st place) - Business Services Marketing Series
- Susie Frizzell (1st place) - Food Marketing Series
- Hobie Cotsamire (1st place) - Retail Merchandising Series
- Paul Holdcraft (2nd place) - Sports and Entertainment Marketing Series
- Ashley Keener (2nd place) - Personal Financial Literacy
- Tommy Schluter and Ashton Hawkins (2nd place) - Financial Services Team
- Michelle Ford and Jesse Heinle (2nd place) - Marketing Communications Team
- Taylor Bayless and Roni Markley (2nd place) - Travel and Tourism Team
- Mark Musick and Sam Van Voorhis (2nd place) - Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team
- Jacob Tuttle (3rd place) - Automotive Services Marketing Series
- DJ Dagher and Dalon King (3rd place) - Business Law and Ethics Team
- Cole Hollis (4th place) - Sports and Entertainment Marketing Series
- Jacob Irwin (4th place) - Personal Financial Literacy Event
- Megan Flaherty (4th place) - Human Resource Management Series
- Hailey Alspach (5th place) - Apparel and Accessories Marketing Series
- Kaeltlyn Wilson (5th place) - Marketing Management Series
- Shay Campbell and Jessica Campbell (5th place) - Hospitality Services Team
(Students in bold were State DECA Conference qualifiers)
"I'm proud of the effort and results from the competition," Marketing Education instructor Ashley Severt said. "Over the past several weeks, many students were staying after school during their free time to practice and study. I know that they gave their best, and it is exciting that their hard work and dedication has paid off."
For more information regarding the DECA Conference, contact Ashley Severt at (419) 562-7721 or email email@example.com.