The Bucyrus City Schools, in partnership with the Ohio Summer Food Program,
will conduct a Summer Food Service Program this summer.
Free lunches will be provided to children ages 1 to 18 from 10:15
a.m. until 12:15 p.m. June 8 through August 7 (Monday through Friday
only), at the Bucyrus Secondary School.
Additional sites will offer lunches through July 31 (Monday through Friday only). Sites and times are as follows:
- Bucyrus Aumiller Park Pavilion, 12:30-1:15p.m.
- Bucyrus Elementary School, 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Bucyrus Harmon Field Park, 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Bucyrus Lions Field Park, 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Bucyrus Public Library, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Crestline Hamilton Park, 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Crestline Kelly Park, 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Galion Arms Apartments (off of Fairview Ave.), 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Galion East Park (at the cabin on Walnut St.), 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Galion Libby Lane Apartments (Wyandotte Square), 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Please note that all lunches are available on a first-come,
first-served basis and must be eaten on site. Adult meals will also be
available for purchase at a cost of $3 at the Bucyrus locations ONLY;
correct change is required. Program menus will be posted at each site
and on the Food Services webpage at www.bucyrusschools.org. The program is sponsored and funded by the USDA, and monitored by the Ohio Department of Education.
"The summer program is great for kids and families that are
struggling to get by," Food Service Director Lorie Pennington said.
"Since the economy in this area is still working toward improvement, the
school board and the administration thought it vital that the food
service department continue with the summer program. Our main goal is to
help families not only in Bucyrus but the surrounding areas by
providing them with the nutritious meals over the long summer months.
Any child from any school district or state is eligible to participate."
No meals will be served July 3 to allow staff and volunteers to enjoy
the holiday with their families. For more information, please contact
Lorie Pennington at 419-562-5355.