Kevin Kimmel, Superintendent
Kevin D. Kimmel began his career with the Bucyrus City School District in 1998 as the Athletic/Activities Director, a position he held for 5 years. During this time, he also served as the Head Boys Basketball coach for 2 seasons. Mr. Kimmel transitioned to the position of high school assistant principal, which he held for 5 years, and then served as the secondary principal for 3 years. Mr. Kimmel was named Superintendent in the summer of 2011. Prior to coming to Bucyrus, Mr. Kimmel taught and coached at the Allan East School District and the Buckeye Central School District.
Mr. Kimmel holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Mathematics from the University of Findlay and his M.Ed. in Education Administration from Ashland University. He received his Principal and Superintendent Licenses through Ashland University. Mr. Kimmel also successfully completed the Ohio School Leadership Institute through The Center for Creative Leadership.
Mr. Kimmel’s professional affiliations include membership in the Mid-American Association of School Superintendents, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, The School Superintendents Association, and Buckeye Association of School Administrators. He is currently active in the Crawford County Success Center planning committee and the Crawford County Education and Business Advisory Council. Mr. Kimmel is a board member for the Bay Area Gas Consortium and the SPARC council.
Mr. Kimmel resides in Bucyrus and is happily married to his wife, Tonya, who is a first grade teacher. They have three children who all attend Bucyrus City Schools; Karson, Madalyn, and Aubrie.
Ryan Cook, Treasurer
Ryan joined the Bucyrus City School District family December 2012 asthe Interim Treasurer, and became the Treasurer in February 2013. Ryanhas served as a Board Member, Treasurer and Interim Treasurer during hiscareer. He also has experience in Fiscal Services with TRECA.
- Providing Financial/Technical/Logistical Support for the fiscal office of Bucyrus City School District.
- Provide support and training for school administrators in support of their Federal program application process and program administration.
- Ensuring Board of Education satisfaction through the communication of financial information through Financial Committee Meetings and monthly reporting.
- Forging positive relationships with school district personnel and contacts at the State level.
- Providing Financial Management to the district by identifying and implementing sound financial practices and to support the goal of building fiscally sound educational organizations.
- The Ohio State University, Associates of Arts
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts
- Ashland University, School Finance and Economics
- Ashland University, School Law and Ethics
- School Treasurers License
- School Business Managers License
Additional District Personnel:
Buildings & Grounds
Curriculum & Instruction
Lincoln Administrative Center
Deborah Musick - email@example.com - 419-562-4045
Jamie Lyons - firstname.lastname@example.org - 419-562-6089
Kelly Schifer - email@example.com - 419-562-6089
Norene Bard - firstname.lastname@example.org - 419-562-7721
Justine Moodespaugh - email@example.com - 419-562-7721
Heidi Roll - firstname.lastname@example.org - 419-562-7721
Marianne Markley - email@example.com - 419-562-0003