Bucyrus summer food service program expands for 2019
The Bucyrus City Schools, in partnership with the USDA, is sponsoring the Bucyrus Summer Food Service Program this summer. The program has expanded to include breakfast and a new lunch serving site at First Presbyterian Church, located at 125 S. Poplar Street in Bucyrus.
Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to children ages 1 to 18 through August 8, Monday through Friday only. Sites and times are as follows:
- Bucyrus Secondary School (Breakfast) – 7:15 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Bucyrus Elementary School (Breakfast) – 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Bucyrus Secondary School (Lunch) – 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Bucyrus Lions Field Park – 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Bucyrus Elementary School (Lunch) – 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Bucyrus Harmon Field Park – 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Bucyrus Public Library – 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- First Presbyterian Church – 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Bucyrus Aumiller Park Pavilion – 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
“The summer program is great for kids and families that are struggling to get by,” Food Service Director Charma Schifer said. “Since the economy in this area is still working toward improvement, the Board of Education and administration believe it’s important that the district’s food service department continue, and expand the summer program.”
Please note that all meals are available on a first-come, first-served basis and must be eaten on site. Adult meals will also be available for purchase at a cost of $4; correct change is required. Program menus will be posted at each site and on the Food Services webpage at www.bucyrusschools.org. The program is sponsored and funded by the USDA and monitored by the Ohio Department of Education.
“Our main focus is helping families in Bucyrus and surrounding areas by providing nutritious meals over the long summer months,” Bucyrus Superintendent Matt Chrispin said. “Any child from any school district or state is eligible to participate.”
No meals will be served July 4 and July 5 to allow staff and volunteers to enjoy the holidays with their families. For more information, please contact Charma Schifer at 419-562-5355.